IN-HOUSE CREDIT/DEBT MANAGEMENT TRAINING (FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS)
Kenya School of Credit Management is an Institution of its own kind in Kenya. We train people in the latest tools to manage CREDIT AND CONVERSION OF THE SAME into MONEY. We are registered with the Ministry of Education and the National Industrial Training Authority. Our Career Development Program is examined by KASNEB, one of the leading and most recognized examination bodies in Kenya.
Understanding a profitable sale at the end of the day counts for each and every organization.
The starting point of positive conversion of credit into money is knowledge and hence training in the same. We will be best placed to train your staff in the following areas.
CREDIT/DEBT MANAGEMENT & COLLECTIONS
Concept of Credit Creation
- Lending is a core function of the lender.
- Understanding credit/debt management and underlying facts.
- Walking the credit business in the modern times
- Self-branding in the credit management business
- The credit policy as a tool to manage credit business
- Effective collection methods
Principles of Lending
- The Principles of Lending:
- Cannons of Good/bad Lending
- Credit Appraisal Techniques
- Introduction to Financial Statements and assessment of the risks in lending proposals
Credit Monitoring and Control
- The essence of Credit Monitoring and Control
- Reasons for Monitoring and Control
- Controls before and after Credit
- The credit policy as a tool of Monitoring and Control
- Tell-tale Signs
- Remedial Action
When things go Wrong
- Reasons for failure
- The causes for non-performing debts
- Internal causes
- External causes
- The cost of non-performing debts to the organization
Recovery of Problem Lending
- Stages in Debt Recovery
- Non-legal recovery methods
- Debt Collectors
- Legal recovery methods
- Emerging Trends in the lending business
ACCRUING BENEFITS OF RUNNING THESE MODULES
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Obtain all information leading to quality customers before granting credit.
- Interpret all information from the prospective customers into credit values.
- Give the right credit limit to the customers
- Monitor and control debt levels leading to better cash flow.
- Handle and overcome virtually any non-payment platforms.
- Stress the benefits of business partnership rather than the consequences of failure to pay.
- Develop a friendly business environment for repeat business
- Persuade customers to pay without sacrificing goodwill.
- Increase businesses by use of credit as a tool of marketing.
- Improve customer relationships for improved business.
DIRECTOR OF STUDIES